what's a good schedule for a toddler that stays at home with mom?

MadsMa06

Asked by MadsMa06 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It depends on the child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• We don't have a schedule. She gets some tv in the am while I am making breakfast and waking up. Then we play, read, dance, go to the park, etc... I clean up and she plays in her room.. etc. It all depends on the day and what she wants to do.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:44 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• my kids are almost 3 and 14 months. they wake up between 6-7am eat breakfast at around 7:30sih and plays and makes messes all day. then at 11:30 they eat lunch and is down for nap time by noon. i then have 2 hours to check mail, clean, talk on the phone ect. when the kids wake up at around 2pm they get a snack.. more playing, making messes, ect. then dinner is ready by 5pm, bath is at 7pm and in bed my 8:30pm...then i get to clean more and do what i need to do and im in bed my 9pm...then start it all over at 6-7am the next morning.
    arkansasmommy21

Answer by arkansasmommy21 at 9:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• It definitely depends on the child! I stay at home with my daughter who will be 3 in June. She usually wakes up between 6 and 7 and we take it easy and have some juice and put a movie on. Then she will start to wake up and ask for breakfast, then she will color or play with her toys for awhile, or play play-doh, and then we have lunch. After lunch is when she takes her nap and that usually lasts a couple of hours or so. Then she wakes up and we play some more or watch a movie (depending on how tired she is) and then we fix something for dinner. After dinner we get cleaned up have bath time and what not and take it easy before heading to bed.
    That's basically how our day goes. Kind of boring considering it's winter and we live in Maine. It's really cold out, so we don't spend as much time outside as we would in the summer. But, I hope this helps! (:
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 9:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• 15m. tymm schedual cut down to the short of it. 6:30 out of bed , 2hrs. later nap (9: 9:30 -2hour nap) 12:30 or so up and at 'em.. approx. 3:ish 2nd. nap can be 1/2hr quiet time in his crib to a 2hr. nap. 7:30-8pm. bath bed time. fill in your day as u feel. now tymm is my g.son that i am babsitting until sping break. it took me about a week to suceed. crying can be ignored if you KNOW for a fact that he's only crying to get you to come and get him. repeated trips to the crib only confirms more trips to the crib. let him cry. but never more than 20 30 mins. i promise it will work and your days will fly by and you'll have what all mothers want. a content child and (give or take) 4 hrs of free time. i hope this helps ,,, post me and tell me how you are doing or u need encouragement. ME>
    tabytha

Answer by tabytha at 10:19 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My schedule is a little more structured. I came up with it because my son wanted my attention all day and he wouldn't let me do anything around the house. I also did because I wanted to make sure he we were getting a good balance of work time and play time. He wakes up between 7:15-7:30. We watch a video and he has some milk. Then we have breakfast around 8. I clean up and we get dressed. We do together play time from 9-9:45 ish. Giving my DS undivided attention for a while helps so that he will play on his own later. He plays on his own for a little while. 10:00-10:30 is juice, snack, and video. This is when I get some things done. Then he plays by himself for a while. Around 11 I play with him again. 12 is lunch. Then we play. 1 is nap. He gets up between 3-4. He gets milk and video. Then we play together for a while and then I make dinner. We eat around 5-5:30. Then Daddy comes home and I'm off duty cont
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 1:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• ...cont. Then he goes to bed between 7-7:30. I know it is a little anal, but my son is extermely drawn to structure. It really works for us.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 1:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i'm like pp, we have a definite schedule. they wake up around 7:15-7:30 and sit on my lap drinking a little bit of milk for a while. breakfast at 8:30, then tooth brushing, then i clean up the kitchen and do the laundry etc. while they play. 10:30ish is milk and snack, 12 or 12:30 lunch, 1:30 to about 4-4:30 nap, milk and snack when they get up from nap, dinner at 5:30 or 6, then their last milk. bath at 7:15, then clean up toys and read, then brush teeth, then go to bed. we deviate from the routine when necessary, but when we're at home that's basically the sked. works great for us.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 20, 2009