Heavy bleeding/possible placenta abruption!!

Im 31 weeks and I had heavy bleeding last Sunday and have been in the hospital up until today. The baby and myself are doing good so they let me come home. I'm not bleeding anymore, just spotting old blood. I only bled at the time it happened! Just one bad gush mainly I think. The drs don't see it on ultrasound but say they can't rule it out.

I was just wondering if since I'm not bleeding anymore if its gone or if it can come back?

I live like an hour away from the hospital and I'm scared its gonna happen again and I won't have enough time to make it there :/ I just hope and pray it doesn't happen again. This is going to be a belong 2omths!

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2013 in Pregnancy

• An hour is probably okay. The key here is to make sure you rest at home and that means REST AT HOME. You do want to keep track of any bleeding and notify your doctor/hospital immediately

There isn't really any treatment, per se, for placental abruption. Since you're not at 34 weeks yet they will keep a very close eye on you until then (I'm sure you've been instructed to see your doctor regularly). After 34 weeks there's less fear of a premature delivery. Try not to panic too much because women get through this okay most of the time.

Did they give you anything to strengthen baby's lungs?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:52 AM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Yes, they gave me 2 shots of steroids.
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2013