How long for real labor? Tricky contractions.

Okay so last night I was having contractions 5-7 minutes apart and getting stronger and stronger after 2 hours I went to the hospital and they stopped and they checked me and I was 3cm dilated, I didn't dilate more so they sent me home. The next morning I had a doctors appointment and he checked me again and I was 4cm & having contractions again so he sent me to the hospital once I was there the contractions stopped again so they sent me home once again. They checked me 3 times there and I was 4cm. They told me I might bleed because they checked my cervix a couples times. Now I'm home and a lot of the mucus plug came out with blood though not just blood alone it's blood in the mucus plug. It's a lot. But I haven't gotten constant contractions or stronger, does anyone know or has experienced this to guess how long it might take for me to go in real labor? I feel like I'm so close yet so far because the contractions will be constant for a couple hours and randomly stop but I'm hoping after the mucus plug it will come faster.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2013 in Pregnancy

• It's anybody's guess. Best wishes that the baby comes soon and safely.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2013

• No real way to tell. There are a couple moms on here that were in labor for a week or more. They had contractions, off and on, and dilated to 4 or 5 cm.

I dilated to 6 cm at home with my first. I was told to be checked into the hospital within the hour once they found that out.

Good luck. Baby could come right now, a week from now, or even longer. Be patient, you're almost there. (not what you want to hear, I get that)

Idea if you're really feeling like a beached whale (I know I did when I was due any time): see if going for a swim helps you relax. The weightlessness of the water felt SO GOOD to me, especially when I was forever pregnant AND was chasing a 3 year old around. Might want to check with your doctor first, though.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2013

• It could be anytime. I was having contractions for a week until my water broke on the csection (planned) table.

Answer by missanc at 10:35 AM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Okay now I'm worried. I've told the nurses I have felt her move less than before, but they said she sounds fine. & last night a lot more blood came out. It was with the mucus plug idk if it's normal to have that much blood. But I'm worried now and don't know what to so since I'm not getting contractions right after another cuz they might just send me back..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Sep. 21, 2013

• You lie down on your left side and drink something sweet or cold. If you are concerned about lack of movement you call your doctor for a non-stress test and go from there. Walking when you get contractions might help them even out. Activity in general should help. Clean your house in preparation for baby.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2013