How can I get tea stain off my husband's good shirt?

My hubbie spilled tea down the front of his grey shirt. If I just put it in the washer will it come out? Should I use something else beside or in addition to Gain laundry detergent? Should I use Shout Spray n' Wash on it and then toss it in the washer? I'm a little worried about scrubbing the area too hard and then having it look scrubbed or having the colour fade.

dnisepal2

Asked by dnisepal2 at 6:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I would soak it first in a solution of water and Oxyclean. I have gotten out some really tough stains with it .
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:09 AM on Sep. 21, 2013

• I use liquid detergent and get the toughest stains out by pouring it directly on the stain and then laundering. You could make a paste of the powdered detergent and do the same.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:45 AM on Sep. 21, 2013

• oxyclean, rub it in, try some lemon juice too
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 21, 2013