Did you plan an outdoor wedding? If so, did it rain?

My sister's outdoor wedding is today and it is pouring down rain. Luckily there is a pavilion to use as a back up but definitely not what she wanted to do. 

I also had an outdoor wedding but there was a chapel to use just in case.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 10:35 AM on Sep. 21, 2013 in Just for Fun

• My wedding was outdoors, and it didn't rain. We got married in my parents backyard, so we could have just moved into the house or the garage if it had, but the weather was gorgeous.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:37 AM on Sep. 21, 2013

• We had an outdoor wedding as well, but it was August in Los Angeles, and there's almost no chance of rain here in August. No back up, and it didn't rain.

Congratulations to your sister, I'm sure the day will be perfect even with rain!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:47 AM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Mine wasn't an outdoor wedding, but I've been to a few & the weather cooperated each time. It's good she has a back-up plan. Hope the day is still a joyous one for her & her groom. Enjoy! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Yes and almost... it ended up raining about a hour after the reception started!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2013

• No, we were married on Halloween & it was too chilly.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:55 AM on Sep. 21, 2013

• My SO wants an outdoor wedding. But we live in WI and anyone that lives here knows that if you don't like the weather, wait a minute: it will change. I'm pretty sure the weather won't cooperate so I'm going to have to come up with an awesome back up plan. I'm not getting stressed on the details because the most important thing to me is that I am marrying my best friend.

I'm glad she has a back up plan and it may turn out even more special than she originally planned. Plus, now she has another story to tell.

Congrats to your sister!
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 10:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Yes, we didn't have a back up either...it didn't rain luckily.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Nope. We had a wedding in a tiny country church in a dot-on-the-map town near where we were going to live, and a reception in the basement. It was one of the hottest days on record. The cake melted into a pile of molten lava.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• We had an outdoor wedding, and it was a GORGEOUS day!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Yes & no, rain our wedding was in May - no backup plans
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2013