Where to begin with this one...

It was a toss up between P&CE and RD, but really, like it or not, there is an overly powerful Christian political movement in this country that has jack to do with religion and everything to do with power. So, when will conservatives begin to vocally distance themselves from whackjobs like the Liberty Counsel instead of taking their money?

Obama as AntiChrist.

Liberty Counsel: Christians are being persecuted by ‘Pagan’ Obama Administration (Video)

The video is at the link if you can stomach getting through it.  This is one of the MANY groups making Christians, Republicans and Christian Republicans look horrible. Why is it tolerated?

(and before anyone wants to play the "we're not ALL like that" card, get over it - this IS your public face as long as you sit quietly by and do nothing, as long as you keep tithing to and attending a church that supports these groups, as long as you continue to support politicians who take money from these groups, yes, you ARE like that)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Not doing the video right now. My daughter (6) is sitting near me watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Netflix. I do NOT need to be giving her nightmares. That picture alone is disturbing enough.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• i didn't watch the video but i did read the article. sounds like another bunch of nutjobs with their panties in a wad because they can't plaster the commandments in the public library or put a cross in the county courthouse, and turn around and say that the OA is "pagan". they obviously don't know shit about pagans or their beliefs, and clearly have never bothered to read the constitution.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Moderate, reasoning, sensible Christians have lost their credibility to these whackadoos.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Oh wow so many things one can hit on, but ill go with this pagan hostility towards Christians bit. Shall we start a list of all the pagans who have suffered from Christianity, and still do.? These idiots don't understand what equality truly means or that they are truly the ones who discriminate and try to take rights away from people. I don't understand how one truly believes this Christians are persecuted in America BS. Dumb as a box of rocks.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 3:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• . It's a pagan view of the world that is a secularist view of the world that is inherently hostile toward not just any religion but particularly Christianity.”
    ---------------
    I particularly like this tidbit. It's not paganism they are attacking-it is the "secular" world as a whole. In other words anyone that is not Christian.
    When will Christian's stop their damn whining!! My goodness-it's so annoying. Why would anyone want to be associated with such a classless religion?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• so Obama is pagan now?! what happened to him being Muslim?

these crazies are so annoying...they want America to be divided among Christians (and maybe some Jews) and non-Christians. they have every right to speak their ignorant minds, but i wish less ppl would take what they say to heart like its divinely inspired. its ignorant garbage like this that is killing off Christianity. they think its Obama who is spreading a secular mindset...its not, its them. no one wants to be associated with the crazy hateful aspects of extreme Christian groups...well no smart person anyway.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:54 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Extremism in any sense is abnormal.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:25 AM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Ugh clicked on the link and pop up after pop up kept coming. Finally got them all off and never did read it so I'm going blind here. I know you don't want to hear it but we're all NOT like that. No more then all blacks are gang members, white southerners members of the KKK, pregnant teens sluts, all jocks dumb, etc. In order to be fair you need to take each religion on their own. You may also support something without realizing it. You invest/send money for one thing you believe in but after checking a little deeper you find out it involves something you don't agree with.

I may not like Obama but I don't believe that he's some evil devil, etc. Personally I find the photo a little creepy.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• All blacks do not contribute to gangs, however, all organized Christian churches do contribute to political lobbies and PACs. Your flawed analogy only proves my point... it's not a generalization if it's accurate.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• And FYI, I never suggested all religions do this, so taking each religion separately is what I was already doing. The separate religion of Christianity does this. The separate religions of Sikh, Buddhist, Heathen, and Taoism do not, to name a few.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2013