How do you survive motherhood while sick?

I am so miserable. Baby is 3 days into the sickness, 3 year old and I are 20 hours in. I just want to melt into my bed.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:20 PM on Sep. 21, 2013 in General Parenting

• Because you have no choice..we all survive. Better days will come, hugs and hoping you feel better soon!

Answer by older at 2:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• As my mom once said, there are no sick days for moms lol.
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Like Older says you have no choice.

I'm ill in some way everyday. I have multiple illnesses some autoimmune some aren't. They came on when my son was 18mths old...you just have to push through.

hope you feel better soon!
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• You do what you have to do. Take care of the kids . An rest. You are sick. forget the house work. Do it when you are feeling better.

Answer by louise2 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Ask for help! If your kids weren't sick too I would ask close family/friends to help by taking the kids. Only do what you absolutely have to. Cleaning can wait. No need for meals since no one feels like eating. Hope it passes quickly!

Answer by missanc at 3:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• You just do... everything can wait until you feel better. For now, just rest when you can.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• It's exhausting. Sometimes you feel like you want to cry. But you just drive yourself, what else can you do? Rest a little if you get the chance, and know you have what it takes. Feel better, Mama.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:30 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• I feel your pain. I could not work on Thurs. or Fri. b/c I was so sick. But guess what... I still had to get my dau to & from school, and keep up with the laundry & the shopping. My step-mom was kind enough to make me some homemade chicken noodle soup & homemade bread yesterday & on Thurs. my mom brought over Subway. It's nice to have my little helpers when I'm feeling sick. I even talked my middle son into getting me some OJ at the store on Thurs. :) Hopefully you will get the rest you need & will be feeling better with each passing day. I actually have more energy today than I have in the last few, so I'm hoping I'm on the mend. Take care & feel better soon :) *hugs*
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• sigh...you just do. its hard and without help its really hard. you let everything that isnt a necessity go, you get as much sleep as possible, and put "this will be over eventually" on repeat in your head. it gets easier when the kiddos are older and can do more for themselves. hope everyone is feeling better really really soon!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• One minute at a time! I remember a couple of years ago we were ALL sick with the same flu bug, but we each caught it from the other. My son got it first, then my husband, then me. Good thing we have three bathrooms because at one point we needed all three!

Answer by gdiamante at 11:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2013