Coming here to vent!

my 3 1/2 year old wants to play soccer this fall. it's a 7 week session by my house and it costs $75- which isn't too bad in my area. she's really excited about it and i planned to register her until i realized i have to share her with her dumb father now. which wouldnt be a problem except her age group's games & practices are every saturday from 9-10, every other of which she's suppose to be with him.

so i asked him if he wanted to pay $37.50 (half the cost) and bring her to her games/practices. "she's too young and i can't afford that plus gas"

ok... well what if i pay for the cost and instead of bringing her to him friday at 5 ill bring her saturday right after practice so she'd be there at 10:30am. "no, sorry."

so i said he can explain to her then why she can't play. i would register her but it would be stupid if she's going to miss practice every other week. he says she's too young which is bullshit... most kids who play soccer start at 3. he says wait til she turns 5. is he totally unaware that her maturity level is ALREADY that of a five year old? fucking idiot i swear.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2013 in Relationships

• actually, I think you can get a vvisitation modification that works around extra activities like that. I would certianly inquire, I know I had one when my oldest was in volleyball
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 5:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• He is a loser.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:32 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• oh yeah? i might have to inquire then- it seems it's the only way since he's being totally inflexible with it.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• I get where you're coming from I really do. But..... I didn't start playing soccer until I was 10. That's when I first found out about the Wonderful World of Soccer.

Why do guys have to be such jerks?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• i know it isn't a requirement to start at 3. i didn't really word what i meant properly in my moment of fury lol... i just mean that it's not like totally unusual and bizarre for a 3 year old to play sports. she is capable of running and kicking a ball and following instructions.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Yep.....we tried my son is quite a few different sports through our local YMCA when he was around 3. They didn't work out all that well.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• hey, that happens. my 6 year old wanted to do cheerleading over the summer, then decided after 3 times that she didn't like it. but i like the fact that she could atleast try it and see if it was even something she wanted to do. he won't even let her do that... just a flat out no.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• What a jerk! And is he actually going to be part of her life?

Good for you making him explain it to him!

Another thought is that just because her maturity level is at that of a 5 yr old, doesn't mean that the others on the team would be as well.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 5:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• hes going to be involved every other weekend as the court mandates. but his generosity i suppose doesnt extend beyond that.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• I'm sorry your ex isn't willing to work with you and your daughter on a compromise that would benefit everyone.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2013