Miniature rose bush questions.

I bought a miniature rose bush at the store today. Should I plant it in the ground or in a container? I'm worried about putting it in the ground, especially since its so tiny and winter is forecasted to be bitter cold and harsh.

I'm in zone 8a, btw. Thanks!

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 5:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I have miniature roses. You can do both. Pot or ground. I put mine in the ground in the front garden bed. Mine are a couple feet tall now.

Answer by louise2 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• i bought 2 of them in the spring, planted them in the garden out back, and they are now taller than my kids lol! but i'm in a warm, tropical-like climate.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Forgot to add. I live in SW OKlahoma. And mine have been in the garden for over a year.

Answer by louise2 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• I have several miniature roses in the ground,and they were planted 14 years ago. I'm in zone 9B, though, so my winters are a bit milder than yours.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2013