*gasp* A filter between my brain and mouth actually WORKED!!

I was sitting here talking with my 6 year old about some not so nice friends of hers and what they're doing at school.

N is a little snot of a girl, and has already learned the dumb blonde act
R is a little shit of a boy that is mean to everyone
S is a sweet boy who just wants playmates and to have fun

Well, my daughter was just telling me that N is picking on her and making fun of her that S is her boyfriend. I pointed out to her that S IS a boy, and S IS her friend, therefore he IS her boyfriend. She gave me "that look".

So, I told her that if N kept making fun of her she could.......yell at her to stop. If N kept going, then my daughter could tell someone that N was being mean. Then she chimed in that R was doing it too. What I wanted to say: If N kept teasing her, she had every right to punch N in the mouth to MAKE her stop.

I am shocked ans surprised that a filter between my brain and mouth actually engaged BEFORE I spoke. It usually is about 5 minutes too late.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 8:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yeah, I usually have to try very hard to make sure that filter is working. Years ago when my oldest was 7, some little twat was picking on her at the pool. So I told dd she should push her in the pool at adult swim if she's mean again... and so guess what dd did not even 10 min after I said that?! Yup, she pushed the little biatch in the pool during adult swim. *sigh* Me and my big mouth! It was kinda funny though....
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• I have no filter when kids are flat out mean to my kids.
    Fortunately my kids DO have a filter and never repeat the nicknames I have for the little brats
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• I usually don't either. The fastest way to pissing me off is to mess with my kids. It surprised the hell out of me that what I was thinking was NOT what I actually said to her.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Filters are good things. Otherwise your little parrots will repeat what you say, probably at the most inopportune time possible. There were two little brats at church for a while, and they kept getting my daughter in trouble with her nanna, who said my daughter was older and should know how to behave and not start running around and making noise just because the smaller boys were doing it. True, maybe, but she's only five and the temptation is great. Anyway, I muttered once to myself when I thought I was alone that I'd like to snatch those kids bald-headed, and my daughter announced it next time we went to church. We all had a good laugh, but it could have turned out badly.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• My dad always told me not to believe the saying that you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• LOL are you calling me old Dard?
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2013