my daughters 15 year old cousin that i've raised decides that she doesn't want to live by my rules so she cuts on her wrists then cps calls me to say they need to come to my home and this is not the

first time the cousins older sister done the same thing 2 years ago so i told the state to keep her.What might happen will they try to take my daughter

liss15

Asked by liss15 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• why would 2 kids not want to be with you so much they cut their wrists? I would say that CPS may look into this now that this is the 2nd child calling on you.

Be prepared to be investigated if they put the 2 together/
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:49 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Wait for it...
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Why would both sisters do that? CPS is going to want to find the answer to that question.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• Doubtful
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• kids don't just dut their wrists because they don't want to live by your rules...
    usually there is more to it than that...
    has she gotten any counseling or anything?
    also, her older siste did the same thing? What happened with that situation? Did she get some couseling to help her learn to cope in better ways and to work through her issues?

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• You told the state to just take her?

Stellar parenting there
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• It would surprise me if CPS went after your daughter unless something really bad came out of their investigation, but don't hold it against the agency if they look very closely to find out what's going on that would make two sisters call you in. As uncomfortable as it might be, that's what CPS is there for. If the claims are unfounded, you'll get a letter stating that the case has been closed.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:03 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• ....... So the state kept the first one as you asked? Maybe the current one wants the same.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2013

• *dut= cut
    siste= sister...ugh
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:11 PM on Sep. 21, 2013