How do you not know?!!

My friends sil just found out she's pregnant but here's the kicker she's already 6 months! She says she honestly didn't no? No this is not her first baby it's her 2 nd.

This also happened to my dds aunt she didn't find out til she was 5 months! And that was with her third pregnancy! I just find it so crazy that you couldn't notice you were that pregnant! Has this happened to anyone else or someone u know ?

rachel216

Asked by rachel216 at 9:03 AM on Sep. 22, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I've known several people who had PCOS or were peri-menopause - in other words had been told by medical professionals they were unlikely to ever get pregnant. Every pregnancy symptom is also a symptom of something else, and can easily be explained away, especially in someone who already has other health problems.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2013

• My daughter was close to three months along before she found out because of PCOS. She only had about 4 periods a year and, like NP mentioned, she'd been told it was very unlikely she'd conceive
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:18 AM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Define "perfectly healthy". I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was almost 12 weeks because my periods were very irregular. A missed period for two or three months was not uncommon for me. I didn't really have any other symptoms with my first except sore boobs, which also happened with PMS. So really, I don't see why it's so hard to understand.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2013

• I've heard of that happening to ppl before.... But the individuals I'm talking about are perfectly healthly .
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Sep. 22, 2013

• I didn't find out I was pregnant with my first until I was about three months! But it was my first and I was n denial! With my second I was thee weeks.... And 5-6 months is kinda crazy not to know your that pregnant
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 9:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2013

• There are many reasons for not realizing that you are pregnant until several months along. Not everybody is absolutely obsessed with getting pregnant and watching every single change in their bodies "just in case". (Read some of the "am I pregnant" questions here to understand better). Also, not every woman has pregnancy symptoms (this only happens in about half of all pregnancies) so, if you're not watching the calendar like a hawk and you're not having symptoms then it's perfectly possible to find out at 3, 4, 5, 6 months ...
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 10:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Yes. One of my best friends didn't know she was pregnant until she had an ultrasound for gallstones. She was five months along! And she had given birth 5.5 months before, to a baby who was breastfed. So the lack of a period didn't surprise her, and she had no morning sickness or nausea to tip her off.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Ok, I knew I was pregnant with my son only because I missed a period. The ONLY symptom I ever had throughout that pregnancy was some horrible heartburn.

If it weren't for the missed period, I would have never known, or thought to test.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2013