Throwing baby in the air

I heard someone say or I read it somewhere that it is not good to throw babies in the air. Throwing them in the air as in lifting them above your head throwing them up a little and catching them. My son loves it, but I dont want to be doing it if it's hurting him in any way. Is it true that it hurts them?

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 9:59 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://www.todaysparent.com/baby/article.jsp?content=20060908_102225_3308&page=1

it can actually be dangerous because of how baby's weight is distributed.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• LOL, that is crazy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I don't believe you are doing anything bad just as long as you catch them and be gentle.

I had a friend who had a baby at 16 and she was doing this to her baby (he was allmost 1yr) and some how she missed catching him and he fell face first onto the floor and cause him to have a blackness to his little eye. (I was a witness) we freaked but thank god he was fine. but I don' t believe she ever did that again. (atleast for awhile). But babies seem to love it...I loved doing his to my babies...aww the memories.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• The only time it might not be a good idea is right after you feed him. He might throw up on you. Except for that if he likes it do it. Many of parent do it and the kids are just fine.

Answer by louise2 at 10:05 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i agree with louise2
    candace71306

Answer by candace71306 at 10:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yeah, there is always a risk of you missing and dropping your child I guess...and like louise2 said, I wouldn't after they eat because they WILL throw up all over you. As long as its not a LITTLE baby that can't fully support its neck, it is fine.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My husband used to do it and my girls loved it, he did make the mistake once of doing it right after they ate (I warned him) and got a face full of throw up.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 19, 2009