Any SAHMs have any tips/tricks to making money from home?

I'm going to make the switch to being a SAHM here soon and we are completely fine financially even on just my husband's income but I would like to make some extra spending money...or even just have a little to put in savings because I would still like to contribute to the household somehow.

Any SAHMs have legit ways to make money from home? I'm not interested in any of those online marketing scams..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Sep. 22, 2013 in Money & Work

• for* making money

got to love typos lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Sep. 22, 2013

• a couple years ago I wanted my kids to attend a year of pretty pricey private pre-k and I worked for 2 online texting companies simultaneously. (cha cha & kgb) As far as I know they're both still hiring. I worked *hard* and long hours but was able to make about $100 a week. it was just what I needed to make up the difference of what we needed to safely afford it. You get money per text. nothing nasty, like "I live in Orlando what time does the library open"" type crap
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:21 AM on Sep. 22, 2013

• This is not necessarily from making money but saving money. Cook from scratch and coupon. I give myself a budget for groceries. When I check out, the receipt will say that I have saved "X" amount of money. I take that money and put it away for emergencies or a rainy day.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Babysitting or sales
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• There is a ton of stuff you can do from home.    If you need some ideas, I blog about this type of stuff at mavi's home work.

Have you thought about eBay?

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:10 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Do you have a skill like sewing that you could turn into a business? I did all sorts of alterations including bridal, drapes, and home dec from my home for many years. Just an idea..........
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 12:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Direct Sales! Make extra money plus get discounts on things you love! Pick a company you are passionate about!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Selling on eBay. Have any hobbies for things you can sell?

Answer by missanc at 12:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• I make a bit of extra money taking online surveys, like for holiday shopping and stuff. Maybe a hundred a month or so, I'd guess. Never pay to take online surveys; there are plenty of legitimate sites where you sign up for free. I can send you some links if you PM me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• i been making extra money from home for about a month now and saving alot with this opportunity maybe its something you
    are looking for it's 100% lagit it has been a blessing to me and my family that's why im sharing it with you

you can pm me
    sjusto

Answer by sjusto at 12:55 AM on Sep. 23, 2013