My child doesn't speak properly and loudly at age of 4 year

i think his tong not touching upper side, TR, KRI , FRI, Feuary, apil, thee,

HETU

Asked by HETU at 1:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Do you show him with your own mouth how it is done?
    Maybe have him tested by a speech therapist.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Then you need to contact your school district offices and ask about their "Child Find" program. He needs to be evaluated for speech therapy. The earlier the better. Do it tomorrow.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Have you talked to his doctor about this? He could just need speech therapy... I was n speech therapy from 1-4 bc I couldn't speak clearly nor could I pronounce words correctly. I also would speak very fast. If you think it's his toung then you should talk to his doc about it as soon as possible
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• My daughter started speech therapy in preschool. She would substitute one sound for another, usually "d". She fronted all her words (no guttural sounds like "g"), she dropped off the last parts of some words dehtduh for sweatshirt. She's now in 1st grade and still in speech therapy. If she keeps going like she is now, this MAY be the last year she's in speech therapy.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• TR, KRI , FRI, Feuary, apil, thee?????

If you think there is a problem ask his doc and/or get speech eval thru the school system. Request it in writing and they have to do it!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Definitely an evaluation by a speech therapist. The local school system should do it for free, contact them and ask. If there is a delay found, they should also offer free speech therapy to help correct it.

Answer by missanc at 2:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Speech evaluation is a good idea.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Don't let another week go by before you get that kid evaluated by a speech therapist. The sooner problems ar found and worked on, the better the chance there is of correcting them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• .......and they were never heard from again...........
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Well my son is 4 as well and he speaks very very soft. He isn't loud usually but a speech evaluation would be your best bet just to be safe.
    Pay920

Answer by Pay920 at 2:20 AM on Sep. 30, 2013