Knowing what you know today, would you...

Pick another career when you were young?

Me...I would have become a Psychologist.

KTElite

Asked by KTElite at 1:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I had a long, wonderful, interesting career. I wouldn't change a thing.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 5:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• I would have finished college when I first started so I could actually HAVE a career now. Huge mistake waiting til I already had a family.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Yes. I desperately want out of healthcare and I can't seem to find the exit.

I wish I'd stuck with anthropology and gotten my PhD. No way to do that now and I regret it a lot.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• " "You need to get a real job, you don't want to be a starving artist type, do you?" over and over and over again. Because honestly, I really did want to be a starving artist."

That's exactly what did me in with regard to anthropology. I was working pretty steadily but the contracts dried up and I had three kids. People kept telling me to get a "real job" and here I am.

"Mrs_Prissy, it's never too late."

Sadly, sometimes it is. I'm 52 and don't have much in the way of retirement set aside because my adult daughter was diagnosed with MS and most of my retirement went to treatment for her. I have to work now just to get caught up so I don't have to eat cat food when I'm retired. IF I can retire.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• I would have picked the same careers... I just would have ended up there MUCH earlier!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• I would have Started my career!
    We were 19 when we decided to get pregnant, yes it was on purpose! Now looking back, I would have waited, went to school, started a career, then had my kids. Now I am going to school with 2 kids and will have to start a career with them in school and daycare.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Knowing what I know now, would I pick another career? No, not really. When I was in college the first time I did major in elementary education. I made it to my senior year and realized that teaching at an elementary level just wasn't for me. I took a few years off and really discovered myself. I have struggled with deciding on what I really wanted to do, and just recently made a decision and acted on it. I am back in school majoring in Biology Education with certification in Middle and High School. There is no way that 10 years ago I would have made a great Biology teacher. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Yes I would have chose Nursing.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• I wouldn't have listened to all the people who told me not to be a writer. I caved after hearing, "You need to get a real job, you don't want to be a starving artist type, do you?" over and over and over again. Because honestly, I really did want to be a starving artist.

So now I work in healthcare and I try to work on my manuscript in my spare time. At this rate I might get published by the time I'm 80.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• No, I have never ever have regrets good or bad, I chose what I chose and if I had to do i all over again...I would pick the same.....

Answer by older at 2:15 PM on Sep. 22, 2013