29 weeks and saw flashing lights while in the shower?

I'm 29 weeks pregnant with my second child and today while in the shower I saw flashing lights...they were multicolored and it only lasted about 45 seconds to a minute.

The water wasn't super hot and I hadn't been in the shower long when this happened.

Any ideas?

collegexmamix28

Asked by collegexmamix28 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Did you stand up too quickly? How are you feeling now? Were there any other symptoms?

I really don't know. But here is a bump for someone that might.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 3:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Nope, I'd been up and moving just don't laundry and picking up a few things and then decided to take a shower.

I've been feeling nauseated and have had some cramping/pressure but I went to the doctor on thursday and told them about the cramping and pressure and they checked me and my cervix was still closed so I don't think the cramping is anything big.
    collegexmamix28

Comment by collegexmamix28 (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• doing* laundry

man i can't type..
    collegexmamix28

• Sounds like your over doing it just sit down and relax a bit!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Okay :)
    collegexmamix28

Comment by collegexmamix28 (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• That "can" be a sign of preeclampsia. However, since I'm assuming your doctor checks you every visit and the last visit was okay you may just have had one of those weird moments
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Please tell your dr at the next appt and get your urine checked for protein. That was the first sign I had and was diagnosed with preeclampsia.

If it happens again, if you feel funny, if you have any liver pains call your dr ASAP.

Good luck.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 3:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

^^^ yup.... me too!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• ever had a migraine?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• This was one of my signs of severe preeclampsia. I had been to my ob the week before where everything was fine.

Be sure to call your doctor, and if you can, get to a pharmacy or health clinic to get your BP checked asap.

Good luck!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2013