My daughter is ready to potty train, so how do I start potty training?

So my daughter is 22 months and is ready to start potty training. I am a first time mom and don't want to sound stupid but how do I start? Do I just pick and day and make her go on the potty? She goes potty usually before her bath at night but thats it. Please any tips or suggestions would be helpful.

lillysmama2008

Asked by lillysmama2008 at 10:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When ever you go to the bath room bring her with you and just give her the option to go, if you are using pull ups ( which were useless when i was potty training my daughter she would rip the diaper off faster than the pull ups) but if you are using those diapers or panties just pull them down and let her sit, if she goes celebrate if she doesn’t then do nothing. Girls are easier than boys they normally figure it out. I did end up just putting panties on my girl, after she realized that the panties weren’t going to catch the pee (which meant she had a few accidents) she started using the potty pretty quickly. Hope this helps! Good luck!
    candace71306

Answer by candace71306 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• O and it does help to have the potties that play music when pee hits the bowl or something fun like that!
    candace71306

Answer by candace71306 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• ME AND ME EX HUSBAND JUST TOOK THE DIAPER OFF AND WENT FROM THERE SHE WAS POTTY TRAINED BEFORE AGE 2 AND MY 3 YR OLD WAS THE SAME THING
    Guadalupe24

Answer by Guadalupe24 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2009