Is it scarey your first time?

Im 19 years old and my child is due Feb 17 2014 and im nervous about birth

shayna459

Asked by shayna459 at 7:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Everyone is nervous about childbirth. You're not alone there.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Geez, me too...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Yeah,but you get over it. What choice do you have KWIM?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Take a birthing class, if you can't attend one, you can even find them online. Do NOT watch all those "baby story" labor and delivery shows on tv, they'll give you a combination of false expectations and night terrors. Don't believe every horror story people are going to insist on sharing with you. The reality is everyone's delivery is different, every time they go through it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Yea the first time is scary.

Answer by louise2 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• I agree with NP. The birthing classes I took at the hospital whereI delivered helped me know a lot more of what to expect, ad the unknown is usually the scariest part of anything. While giving birth wasn't nearly the most fun part of parenting, it really wasn't as bad as I was afraid it might be. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Do you have a mom, or some other woman who has given birth you can talk to? Your doctor should be able to answer any questions you have about the process. If you are worried about pain, there are things your doctor can give you to help with that. I had 2 c- sections, with epidurals, and I didn't feel a thing.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 7:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Lol- i watched A Baby Story religiously when i was pregnant the first time and it was horrible but i kept watching anyway. i agree, steer clear of those shows! childbirth is scary whether it's your first, third, fifth or eighth time giving birth.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• can you request a c-section or does it depend on how big the baby is or the embolicord rapped around the neck?
    shayna459

Comment by shayna459 (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• as someone who's had two c-sections, do NOT request one. c-sections are not a cop out. they should be done out of medical necessity only.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2013