What is so bad about FACEBOOK?

It used to be a happy place to go.

Fill me in with the details I had an acct. for one year and deleted it bc my dh had a fit, it almost caused a divorce :/

Thx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2013 in Just for Fun

• What were you using it for?

It is just social media. How we use it is strictly up to us. It's not "good' or "bad" in and of itself
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Um, it almost caused you to get a divorce. Think you answered your own question.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Facebook is a tool. As with anything else, it can be used for good or it can be used for bad.

Some people use it for its intended purpose: to stay connected, share photos and keep others up to date (works especially well for military families and families that are spread all over the U.S.)

Some people use it to air dirty laundry and cause drama.
    Some use it to reconnect with old flames or to start an emotional relationship with someone new.
    Some waste time on it.

I can see how it can almost cause a divorce.

Me? I use it to stay in touch with family, friends, and former co-workers. I also use it to stay connected to my SO who lives an hr away. And I use it to play games on.

It's all in WHY you are on Facebook.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 7:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Facebook is only bad if you let it become that way. This is why I have a very short list of people on my page. Completely drama free.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Nothing is bad about it. Like most things, it's all in how you use it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Who said it was bad?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• IDK I picked up three viruses in one visit. I deleted my account after that. It took all day to clean the computer. I grew rather bored with it anyway.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Idk... I have 7 friends on there and I log on a few times a year.

My dd, on the other hand, deleted hers due to friend drama. It all just depends on who you friend, how you use it, and whether or not you let it consume your life. If it almost caused a divorce for you, then I guess FB isn't for you.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• My FB is fine- almost completely drama free and no threats of divorce anywhere to be seen...
    *AND I told hubby I wouldn't add him because I vent there about him at times, an he almost NEVER even checks his- let alone post or comment on anything! Also- he would have no interest in my posts about bellydance, zumba, music or riciculous things like that ;)

all my friends are there- I am in a state where the only people I know are the ones I go to zumba with...so not exactly people I hang out with at all or anything- my actual firends are all in a different state than I am -so that's how we keep in touch.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2013

• Caused a divorce? What kinds of whore-ish messages were you sending?
    I've had one for 6 years.... over 1100 friends....no divorce here!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2013