Are herbs healthy?

I want my food to taste good but i also am trying to cut back i know i can use less fating stuff it i add herbs for flavor but are they healthy. Like salt adds flavor but isn't healthy and a lot of "healthy" foods I've tasted are flavor less. Also if they are good why dont people use them in "healthy" dishes?

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 10:10 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• looking at my 3 different bottles of Mrs. Dash, there are 0 calories in any of them, and i love them! also, you can use kosher salt or sea salt in dishes- they are healthier, and you don't really need to use as much. since my FIL had a heart attack a few years ago, we have cut back on table salt and use just kosher salt, and honestly, you don't even notice until you go out to eat somewhere else.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 12:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• They are healthy (the edible ones), and they are used in all kinds of health dishes!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• You don't have to make her feel stupid she's right some health foods are bland. Like hospital food is on that could use some herbs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Herbs and spices are healthy. Many of them can actually prevent health problems. I use them all the time to make healthy food. Curries can be very healthy because of the spices. I use a little meat, LOTS of veggies, and LOTS of spices. The only thing you have to watch out for is my DH is from India and he puts a lot of fat in the curries and I don't. I asked him one night if he tasted a difference and he said no. You taste buds have been "killed" by all the unhealthy food. It might take you a few weeks to get used to eating healthy. Once you do though fast food stops tasting so good. I'm dead serious. I started cooking from scratch and not using foods that have High Fructose Corn syrup and other artificial ingredients and if I go out to eat my stomach hurts really bad.
    MalhotraFamily

Answer by MalhotraFamily at 2:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2009