Crochet-Left handed...

Okay, so I just learned how to make the chain and i was so excited to come in and ask my friend how do I go down to the next line then realized she's right handed and she doesn't know how to show me.

Can you even crochet by holding the hook with your left hand? And if so how do you go to the next line? Because my chain is on the left side?

I know its hard to explain on here but any help would be appreciated. Thanks :-)

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 23, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My dd is a lefty but has easily learned to crochet right handed. I think you could learn to do it left handed, facing someone so you're mirroring them. Google lefty videos too.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:17 AM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Yes you can, tons of people do, but it's a lot easier to watch than to get from reading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9OSMnhoIl8

I suggest you subscribe to Mikey's channel (the guy who posted that video) - he has his own show devoted entirely to fiber arts, and he does features on how to do their projects left handed all the time.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:17 AM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Thanks Guys, I talked to someone at work and figured out that I simple just had to turn the needle around haha. i will definately check out the youtube videos.
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 10:37 AM on Sep. 23, 2013

• I commend you. My grandma knocked herself out trying to teach me to crochet like she taught her other granddaughters. I figured out the chain, but I couldn't get beyond that to save my mortal soul. She finally gave me up as a hopeless cause.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:57 AM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Left-handed crochet is dead simple. It's exactly the same as right-handed. When you get to the end of the line you simply turn round. Crochet is end to end or round not left to right. You'll be fine if you stop thinking of yourself as "different". I speak from experience as a life-long lefty :)

Complications start when people start to try to adapt something that doesn't neeed adapting.

Good luck!
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 11:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2013

• I taught myself how to crochet. Just read some books/watch videos and you'll learn it.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2013