Who does that?!

Been trying to talk to the counelor at DDs school since Friday.
He finally returned my call this morning.
I didnt recognize the number so I let it go to VM.
Between the first ring and my call back, less than a minute had passed and he had gone into a meeting!

WTF?

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 11:10 AM on Sep. 23, 2013 in Just for Fun

• the call back number isn't even the number on caller ID which is different than the number on the caller ID for the school.

I get that all the time. We lived in City #1 when I got my cell phone, so I got a specific area code that would not be long distance for that area. Almost 3 years ago now, we moved to City #2 and that area code I got for my cell phone is long distance up here. So, when the school calls, they have to use a designated number that allows them to call long distance.

So, I'll get one number show up on caller ID that I don't recognize, get a message to call a second number, and none of them correspond to the main number for the school. Now, just to be even more confusing, my two kids go to two different schools.

Follow all that? Good, because it confuses the HELL out of me when I'm trying to figure out if I really want to answer the call or not.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:41 AM on Sep. 23, 2013

• I hate that! Last year I received a phone call from a number in the next town. I hate telemarketers calling all the time & my Daughter had just fallen asleep. I answered it & said "WHAT!". Then i hear, "Mrs. (my name) & she said this is Mrs. (her name) & I am the School Nurse" I said OMG I'm so sorry is everything OK? Then she explained my Son had a fever.

Well, why not have the Schools name on the caller ID? Why would the Nurse call me from her cell phone?? Weird! I usually don't answer if I am not familiar with the callers #, I only answered that call so the phone didn't wake my LO. That annoys me!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:29 AM on Sep. 23, 2013

• That can happen at school. The counselors can be on a tight schedule, so he received your call Friday - returned it today (reasonable timeline of 24 hour turnaround). You weren't available, so he left a message and went to his next meeting. Leave him a message, and he'll get back to you either today or tomorrow. Now you will recognize the number and not let it go to VM.

I hope you are able to resolve your concerns easily and promptly.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 23, 2013

• yep, as odd as it sounds I have had that happen a time or two
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 11:20 AM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Ill fix the typos later :(
    feralxat

Comment by feralxat (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Makes me wonder what would have happened had I answered the phone...
    feralxat

Comment by feralxat (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Sep. 23, 2013

• ILovemyPaulie- and to make matters worse, the call back number isn't even the number on caller ID which is different than the number on the caller ID for the school.

Frack, this list is going to be long
    feralxat

Comment by feralxat (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Sep. 23, 2013

• In a meeting. That's the oldest excuse in the book.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:39 AM on Sep. 23, 2013