If u buy or would buy preowned clothing online...

What site do u use? Do u buy in lots (and if so, seasonal or coordinated outfits or misc)? How do u search... size color brand type? Do u make real or imagined capsule wardrobes? Anything else u want to say about shopping for clothes online as to how what why likes dislikes? Thanks!

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2013 in Shopping

• I bought a pair of pats on etsy- but she custom makes them to the measurements you send her- they are great :)

I've bought a couple things off ebay- MAKE suer you read the measurements and such and ASK if you are unsure about things... I had an issue with a jacket we bought my daughter that was listed as one size but was either labelled wrong- or listed wrong. It was WAY smaller than it was listed as. Shipping was too much to return it (for what we paid though, and I have lost weight since then so I can wear it)

I am leery of buying shoes online- though I've seen a lot that I love- for decent prices

I search by size and color mostly (I pretty much wear all black)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• I have bought clothes in lots of off ebay before. Its usually a pretty good deal. And I keep the clothes I like and that fit, then take the rest down to a consignment store and trade them in on stuff I want. It works well for me.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• I have bought shoes online from a random store and of course they came in 1 size too large and I couldn't wear them or i'd trip all over myself. I stopped shopping online though, there's really no need to go through all the work and money and then having to send back unless your planning an event.

Facebook has online garage sales in my area so I stick to them but even so, most items are not what they seem to be, I have given so much to my daughter already.

you really have to be there to buy.

when buying usually I pick black just to be safe
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• The only pre-owned clothing I've purchased online was from shopgoodwill.com and it was a curly lamb coat.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:46 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• I don't know how I feel about used clothing. But I'm all about used cribs, strollers, furniture and toys. I just started posting and buying from this site my sister has had a lot of success with (both buying and selling) it's called reCrib. You should check it out! Definitely helpful for any Mom! www.recrib.com
    livstrong

Answer by livstrong at 4:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• I never have, I would want to see them :)
    JennaBea

Answer by JennaBea at 7:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2013

• swapbabygoods.com is an awesome site---I love that site!!! You can sell, trade, buy on there---it's an easy site!!! Good Luck
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2013

• yeah...got alot of my dd's baby clothes at consignment stores..
    MadisMomma1969

Answer by MadisMomma1969 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2014