Flu shot

I wounld like to get my son a flu shot.they said it goes bu age not by weight......my son will be 2 in nov and very small,20 pounds and 29 inches.did anyone get there child the shot when th ere kids being on the small.side.....the doctor says ok by I knew she wounld.

tigger3itch

Asked by tigger3itch at 3:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd gets it every year and and she's always been very small..
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 3:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• was there any side affects from it
    tigger3itch

Comment by tigger3itch (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• My Son got the flu shot when he was about 3 months old but that was 6 years ago before H1N1 & all the other bird flu's were added. So I think I'd call another Pediatrician & ask their opinion even if you just ask the Nurse there. I don't get my kids the flu shot now. I don't trust it. But that's a call you have to make yourself.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• She's never had as sided effect. Go check out the CDC's website; they have tons of info on vaccines. Like I sAid my dd is tiny tiny. She's 6 and weights 38 lbs. She gets the flu mist now. It's as nose spray. Your son isn't allergic to eggs is he?
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 3:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Aww. He is a little man! I have a baby who is already that big. I have had my older child get a couple flu shots and she screamed and was very emotional the week after each one. I will not be choosing to get either of my children flu shots in the future. It is a decision you have to make and there is no way to tell how a child will react to the shot. Good luck with your decision either way. Being a parent is hard sometimes.
    MoonFox4

Answer by MoonFox4 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Us still has flu shots that some have thermerisol
    Most that have this are huge batch ones
    Have to ask ped office to check labels for you

IMO
    Very important to not have thermerisol in any shots given to human especially young children

Mine had reaction to shots given at 20 months
    I will never do flu shot again
    But not saying do not
    I am saying make damn sure it is made with no thermerisol
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• no he is not.allergic to eggs......thanks everyone......
    tigger3itch

Comment by tigger3itch (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• My daughter also gets the shot every year. She's about average for her age now, but she was on the small side as a toddler. The shot never seemed to be a problem for her, and having had a full-blown case of the flu myself and nursed my boyfriend through his week of hell with it, I didn't want my kiddo to go through that.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• My kids have been getting them for years. In fact, I took 2 of them to get it today. Never had side effects.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2013