Give me a reasonable answer..

If I was by myself, i'd do it but my DH says not to.

I have taken up doing just a specific random job that doesn't require a paycheck, its more something to do then it is a job since I don't do 9-5 everyday. I have 2 people I do this job for and sometimes I could go weeks without hearing from them, so I sit home 9-5 lol but anyway, I am hoping to find some more work and today I got so excited I got a reply only because I deleted the part where DH says I should have on my ad " 5 hours (of this) I charge $80 a week anymore then that is $10 an hour for anyone out of town" I was just getting desperate, i suppose but she lives 30 min away from me.

I was so excited I txted DH about it and he says "you need to charge more or else I wont let you do it" and apparently I was 'dumb' for deleting that part.

i'm seriously thinking of asking her, her address so I can see how precise it is and since he's not home most of the time, just to take it up.

what would you do?

its frustrating but relationships are frustrating. maybe i'm just upset and he's right.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2013 in Relationships

• Yeah, I can't really take a side until I know what the job is. You not explaining what you do makes things sound well.....ummm...sketchy.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• How does what you're doing impact him? Do you typically have to ask his permission to work? What is the job
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• lol I have admitted what it is in person I am sure I am the only one here with that job so I didn't want people to know it was me. its nothing sexual.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• it doesn't impact him at all. he is kind of a control freak. fine then, if its that important to everyone- its cleaning
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• If you allow him to control you then that's on you. Your job, your time. I could see his point if it impacted him in some way but, clearly, he just wants to be the boss of you.

You can absolutely let him know you hear what he's saying while, at the same time, let him know this is your decision to make. He's not your father, he's your partner.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• you need to charge more or else I wont let you do it

WTF!
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• "I won't let you"

You are not his child nor his property.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• @mrs prissy, thank you for your advice its hard to get any support from him in whatever I do so its nice to get an answer like yours. I think I will reply to her
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Sounds like he has issues.

If you want to do it for some extra money- I would think he'd be happy...but that whole thing about "you need to charge more or else I wont let you do it"
    charge her more or I won't LET you? LET you? What the hell is THAT about?!

I don't know him, but if he is saying he won't let you and you do it anyway THEN what?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• @charlotsom- hmmm...not even sure what happens after the "then what" I guess just a pissy DH lol yep, that's what he said though. I replied to her and we will see what happens
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2013