As we face another round of military possibly not getting paid...

Here we are again, facing another shut down over the lack of a budget. Without stating my personal opinion just yet, I would like to know what you think. Is the president doing a good job? Are you glad he was re-elected? Has he been a positive step for our country? Do you think he is doing his job to the best of his ability? Or do you think that he would be fired if he held a more conventional job?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Scare tactic - even when the government did shut down in 95, the military was paid. This gets stirred up every time it comes up to make all the military families panic and start nagging their representatives.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• It's all a panic producer.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 3:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• It is a very effective tactic, my friends are all in an uproar about it. Not that anyone is actually doing anything about it, but geez are they getting noisy :)
    rhianna1708

Comment by rhianna1708 (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Yep and next come the seniors won't get their benefits and the kids will starve to death. Lots of scare tactics but sometime wish people would see what would actually come to a halt.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• SO glad DH is getting out of the Army. Any other job threatened to not pay you, you could walk away from, but this is bullshit. It's not like they can go out and get a second job. Just Threatening pisses me off.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• I heard they were going to close the CDC for 10 days to save money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Am I glad he was reelected? Uh, no. I wasn't glad about the first time either. I am neither a democrat nor a progressive.
    Do I think he is working to the best of his ability? Sadly, yes. But I predicted that, so I am not surprised.
    Do I think he would be fired if he worked in a more conventional job? If by conventional you mean private sector then yes, I do think he would have already been fired.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• I survived 1995. I'm going to place blame on our worthless congress. I can't be one dimensional enough to blame the woes of this country on one person or one position. That's about all I'm going to say on this because I hate talking politics.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• As long as people keep spreading the lies about no money for military pay or no money for seniors, they'll not notice that every single person on both sides of the aisle is cashing in between now and the deadline when the stock market reacts and they, sorry, their friends and family who are totally holders of different funds and stocks than them, play their fortunes against the uncertainty. Hints of it usually leak out after the fact, then get brushed aside for some other story,

Would't it be nice if just once, someone tracked the investments of everyone associated with Washington for the month leading up to a deadline?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• It is not the Military that is not getting paid. It is the Government workers. Like my DH who has a GS job. that is not getting paid.
    They took 1 day a week, 2 days a pay period away from him. You might not think that is much. But take 2 days a pay period out of your pay or your DH's pay. Knock him down to part time and not get sick days or vacation days. Or medical. It wasn't fun.

Answer by louise2 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2013