This is what you get when you take advantage of things

Disney will no longer allow People with disabilities to go straight to the front of lines at Disneyland and Walt Disney World under a policy change park officials say is a response to growing abuse of the system. Its sad for people who really have disabilities..

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Disneyland-Disabled-No-Longer-Skip-Lines-224810762.html

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2013 in Travel

• "We have an unwavering commitment to making our parks accessible to all Guests. Given the increasing volume of requests we receive for special access to our attractions, we are changing our process to create a more consistent experience for all our guests while providing accommodations for guests with disabilities. We engaged disability groups, such as Autism Speaks, to develop this new process, which is in line with the rest of our industry."

They arent taking it away, they are just changing how it's done. There is ALWAYS going to be those assholes who ruin it for the whole.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• They are in essence taking it away for those of us whose children can not wait due to autism. The new program will not help in our situation and autism speaks sucks! Many other autism groups are upset that autism speaks had any part in the plan disney decided on.

Answer by missanc at 6:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Honestly, I think it's a damn shame. Not everyone with a disability needs to go to the front of the line. I doubt If my parents would have asked for special access because of my blindness, even if we could have gotten it, because there was no reason I couldn't wait my turn like everyone else and I wouldn't have expected anything different. But there are people who, for a variety of reasons, will miss out on Disney with the new rules. What about kids who don't have the physical, emotional, or mental stamina for long periods of standing around? What about those who can't be out in the heat and the sun very long? I think it's inexcusable that a few selfish, elitist snobs have ruined yet another accommodation for those who really need it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2013