I'm in the dog house. Two nights in a row I've made a nasty dinner!

My pineapple mango meatballs last night were disgusting. The dog ate them. Tonight I made beef bourguignon. Once again my house stinks! My family has asked that I make "normal" food tomorrow. Lol.

What's the worst thing you've ever cooked?

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 6:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I'm very lucky that I haven't made anything real nasty in a while that I couldn't "save". When I was young I made a chocolate cake but instead of baking powder I used Baking soda...I don't remember what else was in the cake but it sort of fizzed when you ate it....it was very strange.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Some type of pasta with a lemony cream sauce and chicken. It was disgusting. DH still ate it, but I wound up with a PB&J sandwich for dinner that night. I hate when recipes just don't turn out very well.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Probably some kind of hamburger helper. *gag*
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• You?! That's a shocker! I'd say your track record is pretty good, so they better not complain too much! :p
    As for me, I think I made some kind of gross casserole concoction that sounded good at the time, but bombed horribly.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• The very first thing I ever cooked when I was 14 was spaghetti. I undercooked the noodles, and didn't drain the hamburger grease. It was SO DISGUSTING that the Dog Would NOT eat it!! You KNOW somethings bad if the dog wont touch it! I had to scrape it out of the pot with a Rock when I took it outside to dump in the garbage!

Side note, I make amazing spaghetti Bolognese now haha
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• I attempted the crockpot breakfast casserole I'd seen on Pinterest. SO GROSS. Crockpot eggs are DISGUSTING and make the house smell horrible! Ugh. I was so disappointed.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• They ought to be glad you cooked at all. Grrr.

As to the worst thing I ever made, at least recently, it has to be the Mexican casserole I made where I accidentally added mashed sweet potatoes because I thought the frozen package held refried beans. I hoped we could manage to eat it just the one time I was wrong. Or perhaps it was the Italian cheese noodle soup I bought from Tastefully Simple--it was awful, we regrouped and had Totino's Party Pizza instead. It happens.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Ugh I tried making some cabbage skillet recipe I saw in FB. Supposed to layer butter, cabbage, rice, onions, ground beef, tomatoes and not stir at all. I totally burned it. I adjusted it in the crock pot and everything cooked evenly and made the rice separate. Turned out good that time though. Ugh my house smelled like burned cabbage for 2 days.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• I tried making my friend's bbq chicken in the crockpot and totally ruined it. I still don't know what I did wrong. He said to put a bag of drumsticks in the crockpot, add a bottle of bbq sauce and then enough water to cover all the chicken. Cook for 6-8 hrs then add 2 cups of rice and cook for 1/2 hr.

The rice didn't cook thoroughly and the chicken tasted nasty. We ended up going to Taco Bell for supper that night.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 7:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Man, I can't remember a specific dish at the moment, but I suck at baking. I've messed up a lot of cakes and cookies, lol. Just not my thing, baking was my least favorite subject in culinary school.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2013