which is better

How many of you have gotten rid of your land line phone and have been happy with just using your cell phones? We are thinking of doing this as we don't use any long distance on our land line but are having trouble "letting go" of the land line.

cat4458

Asked by cat4458 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Same here. I cut off every extra on the phone so that it didn't cost me more money, but they talked me into keeping the line. I have plenty of minutes on our cell phones, but I just have a hard time getting rid of the phone. I guess I feel that its good for emergencies. My teen often babysits for her brother and though she has a cell phone too, I just don't know if she would know exactly where its at if she needed to call 911. She might have to go to her room and get it. So Ive just left it on. We don't call long distance on it because we have our cells, and if it rings I don't usually answer it....LOL...I just don't want to give it up.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:28 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• we did, we never used our house phone at all. so now we only use our cell phones
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 10:26 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• We have been only cell for years - we use my phone as the "land line" when we have to fill out a form and DH's number as "alternate". No problems here!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Only cell phones here too.... We didnt want to pay the extra money to have something we never used.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 12:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2009