my mom is 42 and i feel that its not right to be pregnant at this age and i feel very scared and worried, but is it ok? wouldn't other people think its weird or disgusting?

happy104

Asked by happy104 at 6:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2013 in Pregnancy

• A lot of women have babies in their 40s. There's nothing weird or disgusting about it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• How old are you?
    It is normal to feel t afraid for any mother to be no matter what her age.
    Weird, disgusting, strange? No, it is not.
    My mother even had a child when she was 47 years old.
    I wouldn't do it, but this is not your call. It is hers and her husband's and you should try to be happy for them.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Your Mom being pregnant is not your concern. She is the parent, you are the child.... mind your own business.
    How many kids do you have? (since you are on this site for mothers). Did she think you were disgusting for having kids so young?

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• If she will allow it, go with her to her Dr. appts to get your concerns addressed. Write down your questions ahead of time. Are you worried about a high-risk pregnancy due to her age? Or are you embarrassed that your friends will know your parents are still doing it?! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• who gives a fuck what other people think?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• It's not weird or disgusting. Women have had babies in their forties for millennia. Many do it on purpose these days. Tis might be a really awesome thing for you, having a new sibling, if you let it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Because that is like sooooooo old and stuff.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Honestly I don't much understand where you are coming from here. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion as are other people but personally I don't see the problem. My mother was pregnant at 40 and I did not think it was weird or disgusting. There are certainly risks with pregnancies at that age and I would be most concerned that my new brother or sister would be healthy and born on term. Congratulations to your mother! I would love to hear an update on the baby and I hope you can see past your own insecurities and be there as a daughter and a friend to support the woman who birthed you.
    MoonFox4

Answer by MoonFox4 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Not right to be pregnant at her age? Her pregnancy isn't right or wrong, it just is. Why do you feel uncomfortable about it? Can you discuss your feelings with your mom?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2013