Help me with deal with this situation my daughter is to young for this adult content

Help me deal with this situation. I think I did it right but am now worried after the fact of the situation. My daughteris 7 came to me and told me that she wanted to tell me something but she thinks it is bad. So I gave her permission to say the bad thing to me.

So one of her friends told her that boys potty areas go into girls butts to pop eggs.

I did call the girls mother and tell her that we need to work together with our girls so they they are to young to be talking about boys like that.

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• This is a perfect opportunity to start an open and honest conversation with her about boy and girls and their differences. You don't have to go into great detail but she's clearly wanting information
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• So what did you say to your daughter after she told you the news?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• I told her that was not what happens and that I just wish they would not worry about boys in that way. And that I am proud of her for coming to me to talk about it. Actually she told my husband and I together. So that is what we told her. And had the conversation with her about bad touches and good touching from other people. She seemed good with the conversation but I am worried now.
    jem102675

Comment by jem102675 (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Sounds like you handled it well.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• I am sad someone had to bring that to my daughters attention.
    jem102675

Comment by jem102675 (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Kids seem to know a lot more at an earlier age these days than they used to.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Thank You!
    jem102675

Comment by jem102675 (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Did we learn to say penis and vagina in this conversation?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• This must be very confusing for her.. It is confusing for me and I am old! There are eggs up our butts? Glad you were there to tell her that is not true.
    MoonFox4

Answer by MoonFox4 at 9:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• You need to tell her the truth and stop hiding. Your daughter is curious about the way the world works. If you lived on a farm she would have figured it out long before 7. Put away your own hang ups and deal with the world.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 10:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2013