What to do in this situation? what would you do?

I am not sure what to do how would you handle this?

My dds are 8, 5 and 2 my 8 and 5 year old has these friends which are our neighbors these girls are 4 and 6 (they have another sister that don't live with them but not sure of age) they have their mom that lives there with grandma, grandpa, and a aunt that is a lesbian. Anyway my 8 year old told me a few weeks ago that the 6 year old was playing outside in a summer dress I guess my dd noticed it didn't look like she was wearing undies so she asked her she said no her mom doesn't let her wear underwear. Thought it was odd but then again it was coming from an 8 year old so wasn't sure if may be she mixed something up or whatever anyway today at dinner my 8 year old was telling me that the 6 year old was telling her that she sometimes has sex with her sister and cousins and has had sex with her dad (that they rarely see he doesn't live with them) a few times with the dad. I asked my dd what she thought sex was she said when you kiss, get naked and touch someone's privates she told me that she told her that sometimes they even pee on each other. I asked who told her what sex is she said the 6 year old. I told my girls I didn't want them playing with them anymore, but I am not sure what to do just ignore it, not let them play together or talk to mom (which might start something) what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Schooling is not the issue. Sexual abuse is the issue.

Call CPS
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• I'm with Prissy, call CPS and relate the story to them and toss it in their court. That's all you can do with a good conscience. I wouldn't play with those kids, sadly.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• 6 year old was telling her that she sometimes has sex with her sister and cousins and has had sex with her dad

really- you do not know what to do?

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• If it were me I'd make a report to CPS. Better safe than sorry.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• I would still let them play together but only at my house and keep close supervision. If anything else comes up while they are there with you and continues for some time, than make a report to CPS.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• I would go to the adults and tell them what your DD told you. Then inform them CPS will be called.

Answer by louise2 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• I should also mention they are only 4 and 6 they actually live around the corner from us you can see their house from our back yard but not the front they will be up here playing in front there mom doesn't come checking on them for 1-3 hours. Also we have to keep our doors locked cause they just walk in one time I was in a hurry and forgot to lock the door my neighbor called to tell me these girls were in my house when we weren't home and supposedly the 6 year old is home schooled but theycqreboutside litterly all day long from 10am they w I'll come and ask if the girls can play when my girls are at school. The 4 year old told my dd that her sister doesn't go to school a lot then I asked if they were in school yet when they came to ask my kids to play she said no I have the next 10 days off but I don't know why this was the day after labor day
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• As much as I wouldn't like to set CPS on people, I don't think I could let this one go by without speaking up. The damage to those little girls would be too great if the allegations were true.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• if this were a close friend and i knew the family well i would just talk to them about it but if it was more then i would contact someone. if not CPS then i would contact the school and maybe they could get a counselor involved and make the call to CPS themselves.. ??
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 9:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• I am not so sure I would let them play together. This is not behavior I would allow if it were with a boy child, so I can't think that I would put my child at risk with a girl child either. I think Cps needs to be called and they need to speek with your daughter first.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2013