Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

if the father has no interest of participating in the kids lives and wants nothing to do with them--but will pay financial support per court order, and the mother is pushing for the last name of the f

father on the birth certificate(and had only that one encounter with the mother)---what rights does the father have to stop this action(this was entrapment)

Answer Question

Asked by rumorshurt at 8:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (6 Credits)
Answers (25)
  • Say it again, slowly, your husband slept with who?

    Answer by feralxat at 8:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

  • Talk to a lawyer.

    Answer by louise2 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

  • He's the father. His name goes on the BC. Seek legal advice if you desire.

    He was entrapped into having sex?

    Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

  • None. She can name her child whatever she wishes.

    Answer by missanc at 9:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

  • Wait. KidS? As in more than one child?

    Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

  • Entrapment?

    Answer by Ballad at 9:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

  • If he wasnt at the hospital to sign then when said parents go to court for support, mother asks judge to have father named on BC quite simple.

    Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

  • I think this is probably a job for Maury.

    Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

  • ok thanks guys!!

    Comment by rumorshurt (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

  • "Rumorshurt"
    That's what you picked for a screen name?
    I can see you'll be a one hit wonder. Thanks for joining.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.