Update on the airsoft gun fight

Both boys have been officially placed on "long term suspension"  (basically, expelled for the school year, but can maybe come back next year if they and their parents kiss the right asses)

http://www.wavy.com/news/local/va-beach/has-zero-tolerance-gone-too-far

Hopefully a judge intervenes and bitchslaps that school first.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Whaaaaaaat the fuck?? Seriously?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• What is the definition of "reasonable care"? The police and others keep using that phrase but it is infuriatingly vague. Don't even get me started on conflicting city codes AND the school's position.

It'll probably stick at the city level but I don't see how the school has a leg to stand on. I'd sue before I put my kid in an alternative school because of this crap
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• Idiocy. If only they were as strict about their bully policies.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• so i was thinking more about this and i remembered that my senior year of high school some boys got expelled for fighting...in the parking lot of a grocery store late at night. and this was 2003. so have schools always had this "everywhere is our jurisdiction, we can expel anyone for anything" policy?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• Are you fucking KIDDING ME???!??!??!??!

Man oh man, I'd be pitching a huge fit if that were my kid(s). That is WAY beyond stupid and ridiculous. I'm too pissed to really express myself right now.

stupid, stupid, STUPID!!!!!!
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• Oh, for the love of Almighty God!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• I am absolutely getting the "rebelle' nerf crossbows out and we are shooting them in MY front yard ( the bus stop is my driveway) and the only student is my child!

Whatever judge hears this case needs to have some balls and tell that school to mind its own damn business. They have NO jurisdiction until a child is on that bus!

luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2013