My 3 year old is always sick!

My little girl is always sick with something and she never quite seems to get over one thing before starting another. She eats healthy and goes to the doctor on a regular basis. Any ideas as to why she is so sick all the time????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Kids' Health

• How is her handwashing ? Do you make sure before she eats that she washes her hands ? After the bathroom etc ?

I really think keeping your hands clean before rubbing your eyes, eating, or picking your nose...which kids to a lot of is key.

Soap and water is best of course, but brining an alcohol based sanitizer for when you are out a children's play place during flu season is fine. It's the antibacterial stuff you want to avoid.

Also if she is really sick, make sure she is staying home from daycare or other places to give her time to rest up. I mean sure building up your immune system to cold and germs is great, but not if you are constantly on antibiotics after antibiotics, that is like going backwards.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 12:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• If she is in daycare or around other children then that could be the root of your problem.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:23 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• allergies maybe idk
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 10:29 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Do either of her parents smoke in the house?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:06 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• It could be allergies. My DS was always sick too. It was his allergies and asthma. He has to be on meds for that. I hate putting him on the meds, but he can't breathe w/o them. I would ask the doctor.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 12:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• my kids were always sick - this year they are less sick. I give them 1 oz of bb - a whole food liquid organic supplement. I haven't had to give them breathing treatments in 9 + months and my middle son suffered from chronic diahrea since he was 1 1/2 and he has gained 2 lbs in 3 mon. and is 95% better.

my web-site www.Healthy4body.com I give them 1 oz a day. there is also a live doctors call every thursday night - I can give you that information as well just pm me.

I also had 15 years of abnormal paps - I just got a normal one. I have been taking 4 oz for 11 mo.

Sandy
    nma928

Answer by nma928 at 12:49 AM on Feb. 21, 2009