How are the public schools in Hawaii, specifically Oahu?

alohamiss

Asked by alohamiss at 10:23 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• They stink. I had children attending an elementary school and also Radford High School. My 1st graders was getting the crap beat out of him by a kid that outweighed him twice over because he was "hauole' (white). The principal and ultimately the districts response was teach your child to defend himself..or "go back home to the mainland' We were stationed at Pearl Harbor for 3 yrs., 2 yrs 10 months too long. I will never willingly return to Hawaii. As a tourist they want your money..living there is a different thing. BTW..friends of ours who are very dark skinned with dark hair LOVED it and had no issues. I can name you 20 families we were with there who had the same issues we did.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2009