6 yr old running temp of 103.5 no other symtoms

he is not sick to his stomach, no diarrhea, other then fever he hurts no where it has been like this for about 24 hours. Fever reducers only last for awhile, I have old my dil to take him in but is still waiting! He came to my room last night burning up, I am his 6 month old baby sister's paternal grandmother. He said I don't feel good so I told him to come over to my bedside so I could take his temp (I am a T/5 complete paraplegic) I asked did his belly hurt, did he feel like he was gonna throw up he said no...his temp was 103.5 his mom was woke up she gave him a fever reducer told him to keep his covers off and went back to bed. I was like OMG...I can not say anything cause after all my son is 36 n I am 53 2nd oldest of 7 siblings..I am extremely concerned for him, the baby and myself since my immune system is already extremely compromised.Any ideas moms out there?

faihfuldove

Asked by faihfuldove at 7:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• He needs to be seen. It may be viral, but it's always better to find out. Fever is the body's natural defense so something is triggering it. Wash your hands often to help prevent it from spreading.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• Well idk kids get sick, you have been exposed to it already wash your hands well, and if he isn't better in a couple of days I bet his mother will take him to the doctor!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• what is his temp with the fever reducers?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• So, what did his physician say? I mean, I HAVE medical experience, but I am still not able to offer advice that is NOT from a physician.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• Take him to see a doc!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• That's a pretty high fever. I'd be In urgent care.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2013