What was your favorite Halloween Costume you wore as a child??? What have you dressed your child as???

Have you made any of them??? My mom made a costume one Halloween for me and my brother-sewed a clown costume. Me and my brother wore the same costume but his was green and mine was orange. My sons first Halloween he was 101 Dalmations-didn't make it .He was sure cute!! The following year he was a train conductor. We put him in overalls , a hat and a denim button down shirt.

butterflyrose11

Asked by butterflyrose11 at 9:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2013 in Holidays

• My favorite was Mary Poppins, I had a hat from Disneyland, a perfect maxi skirt, and my mother had a dark wig and a white blouse that buttoned up to your throat!!

For the boys, yes I made their costumes, one year they were all trolls, another m & m's, they were ninjas, power rangers, Harry Potter, and various superheros.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• For my kids... One year I made Thomas the Train. It was a box with straps for my son to carry on his shoulders and underneath he was dressed as an engineer. But my favorite was last year my oldest was Mega Man. And my younger sons were an Angry Bird and King Pig. I made all three costumes.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• haha i found a picture!! good old 80s!

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• I don't remember many of mine, I think I went as a vampire a lot. DS has gone as a ton of different things, the only one I made was his zombie costume last year.

kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• My mom was an awesome seamstress. She made me a kitten costume one year that was the envy of everybody. It was an entire black body suit, complete with paws and a hood with ears. She made my sister an adorable puppy costume that same year.

I'm not blessed with those skills, so my daughter has always had store bought costumes. She was Alice in Wonderland one year, then a tiger cub, and then a kitty cat. This year she's got a unicorn costume.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• i only had a few Halloweens as a kid...my parents went a little fundie crazy when i was in grade school, so we missed out on a lot of costumes. my favorite was a Super Girl costume, old school with the plastic masks that make it really hard to breathe! i can still feel that weird feeling when you stuck your tongue thru the mouth slit...good times haha.

i make my own costumes now b/c im fat and store bought costumes rarely fit right. last year DS ,DH, and i were Shrek, Ogre Fiona, and Donkey (DS). DS looked really cute!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• My favorite costume was a white bunny costume my aunt made. It was so cozy! lol!

My DD was a lobster her first halloween. I got crazy with the polar fleece and made this:

tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• My favorite of mine was a very 80's thing - my Kooky Spooks costume. Yes it looked ridiculous, but we all looked ridiculous together that year:

I've made a few of DS's, but my favorite of his was a store bought:

That's a picture of one of the 5 entire seconds that hat was on his head that day.  Of course, he wore it all the time, AFTER Halloween.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:35 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• My favorite as a kid is a toss up either the year I was a sack of potatoes or the year I was a bag lady. Yes... my mother was very funny back in the day.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• PRINCESS AND MY DAUGHTERS I ACTUALLY LET THEM PICK OUT THERE OWN COSTUMES
    tati1206

Answer by tati1206 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2013