Why do my hips hurt?

Beside from getting older.

Aunt Flow is in town this week and I'm just not happy with having to deal with it on top of everything else going on. I understand why my stomach and my back hurt. I've had those cramps all my life. But I don't understand why I have cramping in my hips.

Should I be concerned?

I know you all aren't doctors but before I go into the dr's office and look like a complete ignorant person, I was wondering if anyone else has this.

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 11:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2013 in Health

• Dang, I was going to be sarcastic (in a funny way) and say you're pregnant, but if Aunt Flow is visiting then never mind..

Could be just as you said and getting a little older.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• Considering Aunt Flow is in town, my tubes were tied over 10 yrs ago AND we always use protection, I'm going to guess that I'm NOT pregnant. Thanks anyway.

:-) :-) :-)
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• Some times we walk slightly differently and put pressure unevenly on our hips. This can constrict blood flow and press joints in unacostomed ways. Auntie just makes it more noticeable because you focus on that area anyway when she arrives.
    You might also check your shoes. A new pair or insoles may help with the problem. If this has just been for the last day or two, I would not think much of it. If it persists and the other things don't help, I would certainly call my doctor. Regardless, I would tell him on you next trip in, even if it pretty much clears up.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:04 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• You still have a period after tubes are tied? I feel like I need to say well that's crap! haha
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:09 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Everything hurts as we get older. *Smile.*

Seriously, it could be because the cramps are making you tighten up the muscles in your back and abdomen. All those muscles are connected, and when they're worked in a way they're not accustomed to, they protest.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:09 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Of course you have periods after your tubes are tied. It isn't like your uterus and/ or ovaries and / or pituitary gland is removed. Just the tubes so the egg does not get to the uterus. You can actually still get pregnant after your tubes are tied.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:03 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Old hormones

When hormones are fluctuating our joints can can "loose"
    Hormones loosen up joints, just think how loose joints get before giving birth
    As we get older and hormones are all " whacked out" ( medical term, just google it, lol), all sorts of odd things come with period

I am 48, I have the ache pain in hips, and my neck and shoulders, when Period is coming
    Been getting up the back of neck into head headaches three days before period, as I am older and hormones are whacked
    Is your period still like before, or have you started with the heavier than usual with clots...that should be next
    Menopause, it is like for the young..lol

Doctor paxy says, you are having some old whore moans issues ;)

How old are you?
    We can go through the "change" together! Fun times
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:10 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• After your period over, ...do your hips feel back to normal old self?

Yes? Thought so, it is joints loosening because of hormones
    Headaches? Bet if you keep journal, those are always at same time of month too, my headaches, joint aches always better right after my period, but days before always act up

Are you taking vitamins? I take ones for women over 50, has extra stuff we need, plus I up my D to 2000 days before my issues start
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:16 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• You probably have arthritis....exercises might alleviate it.

Answer by older at 9:02 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Well I am in my late 30's and have one son ( 2 ) and I don't thinky hips ever recovered
    from pregnancy. It is true ,during preg. your hips spread to make room for the baby
    and some times as we get older the same thing can happen.
    I am sure you are fine , but if you become MORE concerned call your doc or an orthopedic and get it checked out.

~ Cyn
    cynzbryte

Answer by cynzbryte at 8:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2013