Ever try Dr. Oz slim down drink?

Has anyone ever tried this- it consists of 1 cup grapefruit juice and 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar. Any results from this drink? Or does anyone know of a good, nutritious drink (store bought or homemade) to aid in weightloss?

cj93082

Asked by cj93082 at 11:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't buy into the "get slim quick" hoccum. Maybe as a flush, as in helping you crap like crazy, but I don't think it's going to make you skinny. Eat right, exercise and you will lose the weight and be healthy at the same time.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• I agree with cassie. I've seen so many of those "get slim quick" fads have bad side effects. And unless you change your habits (eating and exercising) you will be right back where you started.

The risks are too great for me.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:46 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• don't use stuff like that...they either don't work, or you will just gain the wieght back.

work out- drink water and eithe eat clean or count calories (and eat decent)
    that's all it takes.

stay away from shakes, pills, wierd or strict diets...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• *either
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• Water. That's it. Water. No other drink will help you lose the way plain old water will. All that other stuff will just lighten your wallet.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• I can't stand Dr Oz and all of his miracle cures for everything!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2013

• apple cider vinegar has a lot of great health benefits...but it will make you poop and it tastes bad haha.

i tried the "cleanse" waters, where you put a buncha acidic fruits in the water. all it did was make my water taste bad and hard to drink.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:01 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• If I drank that, I think my innards would explode. I have reflux and other tummy troubles, and vinegar and grapefruit juice are both bad news. Plus, I detest Dr. Oz and the way people follow him as if he's a god. Portion control and moderate exercise are what have worked for me. Thirty-five pounds down, fifteen to go.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:59 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• I love Dr. Oz. I don't need to lose any weight right now but I would be interested in consuming the apple cider vinegar in a palatable fashion. It is supposed to be great for you.
    MoonFox4

Answer by MoonFox4 at 1:52 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• thanks everyone for the input!
    cj93082

Comment by cj93082 (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Sep. 25, 2013