Obama is taking the Washington Naval shooting and using it to further the gun control....WTF is wrong with this man??

Here is a quote from his speech he made for a memorial service for the naval yard shooting..."As President, I have now grieved with five American communities ripped apart by mass violence. Fort Hood. Tucson. Aurora. Sandy Hook. And now, the Washington Navy Yard. And these mass shootings occur against a backdrop of daily tragedies, as an epidemic of gun violence tears apart communities across America — from the streets of Chicago to neighborhoods not far from here...."

He is a delusional moron. Exception for the Tucson shooting, there has there ever been a mass shooting that was not in a supposed “gun-free” zone. Lets count how many many shooting that has has happened in gun FREE zones... Columbine? Virginia Tech? Pearl High School? Westroads Mall? Tacoma Mall? Trolley Square Mall? New Life Church? Living Church of God? Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church? Various Post Office shootings over the years? All of these events, all of them, took place in nominally ‘gun-free’ zones. Now these latest shootings. The fact there has been 2 mass shooting in 2 different MILITARY BASES , just boggles my mind. One would think Obama would have done changed something after the first shooting at Fort Hood. And the fact it was done by a psychiatrist, is classic.

Then the emergency response team was told to "stand down". How many people might have been saved if it wasn't for that order? Now Obama uses this latest shooting to further his "gun control" agenda? And this Alexis guy served as a full-time Navy reservist , he was allowed to purchase a gun, anywhere. I think the fed govt was ashamed, and embarrassed to say this guy slipped under their radar.

And Chicago, wow...How is THAT ‘gun control’ work for ya? Another state that has the strictest gun laws in the nation. Then Wash DC, then California…So just who does a “No Guns” sign protect? Will it protect anyone from an armed mugger or rapist? Don't be silly, they don't care about legal niceties. Will it protect you from some nut-job on a mission to shoot as many people as possible before he blows his own brains out? No, he wants a target rich environment full of disarmed prey, the better to ensure a high body-count.

I continually wonder why so many focus on gun control. Makes no sense. Can someone please explain this to me. I know quite a few moms here are anti gun, do not like guns etc. So, with no disrespect, can you explain to me how control will help with the crime rate, mainly gun violence. .

There are many places here in MI that have a "no weapons" sign on the door, so I not want to risk a felony, with possible jail time, and a hefty fine, I do not carry there. but all this does is to tell the predators loud and clear “Hey, y'all! No guns here" It’s my belief that the place is well-intentioned with respect to an idealistic “No Guns On The Premises,” but misinformed regarding the real-life ramifications of that rule. People like me don't carry, nutjobs and criminals will.

Sorry for the rant. A little peeved at the fact Obama did this, then thought the threat he yet makes again about the military not being paid..

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm beginning to think what's wrong with President Obama is that he believes he's only a step down from God, and a small step at that. He knows what's best, and he'll do whatever it takes so things go the way he has decided they ought to. If he has to put his agenda on every unfortunate situation that comes up, so be it. If he has to bend the daylights out of the Constitution, or ignore it entirely, so be it. His will be done.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:43 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Agendas......

I am reminded of a show I saw. The premise is that you have designed/ controlled tragedies. Some one has to be hired to clean up the after math. Somebody profits.

Not saying that this is what is going on but it is an interesting take on things.

Obama and every politician will use anything to further his personal agenda. He has mad no secret of his desire to take away constitutional rights and freedoms. In this case, every citizen's right to bear arms.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:18 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• If anything, this should be yet another opportunity to further investigate & find ways to improve how we treat people with mental illnesses. The politicians who can't see that are morons.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:22 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• People are shocked that a Democrat is acting like a Democrat? Next thing you'll be expressing amazement that Republicans are trying to cut social spending while continuing to have their personal grooming paid for by the taxpayers.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:10 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• He's behaving like a politician. It's not the sole behavior of Obama to use current events to further an agenda. Democrats, Republicans, and all other flavors do so, and it's a scummy thing to do.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 8:30 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• "Never let a crisis go to waste"
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• It makes you wonder when he leaves out the part of how many of these shooters were mentally unstable. Guns have been in private citizens hands since the founding of our country. There was never any talk of taking their guns away. People used them to provide food and to protect their homes. Why would we want to mess with what has worked for over 200 years.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2013