my daughter in law asked for baby pictures of my step son. I told her to get copies and a year has gone by and she hasn't. My husband doesn't know that I'd lent them to her and now she has posted them

On FB. Now he is upset that she has his only copies. She insist I gave her the photos ( orignial copies) and they now belong to her. Here husband is afraid of her & won't get involved. Let alone look for them and make copies. How do I resolve this to her pee brain.

cantstansya

Asked by cantstansya at 1:51 AM on Sep. 25, 2013 in Relationships

• You don't you ask the step son's mother and father for copies that you will pay for and you learn from your mistake.
    Never loan something that is not yours to lose.
    Never loan originals of anything.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:58 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Mother threw away all pictures during a nasty divorce. All my husband has left was a handful of pictures of his son as a baby. And yes, lesson learned but I'm new to the family and didnt realize I couldn't trust my daughter in law. And yes my husband told his son they werent mine to loan. They are his and for her to return them. How would she feel. She keeps saying I "gave them to her". She's been in this family 8 years longer than me. She knows better.
    cantstansya

Comment by cantstansya (original poster) at 2:14 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Your husband needs to insist on at least getting copies.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 5:26 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Make a copy of the pic posted.next time don't give the original if you can't afford to loose it.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:58 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• right click over the picture, save as and download onto a flashdrive to print. If she wanted copies I would have made them and given them to her loaning them out was not bright
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• So the DIL is married to the step son? I would call her on the phone, and say, Hey Jane, you realize I gave you the only pictures DH has of his kid right? Lets go to the drugstore/photo place, and make copies of everything I gave you, so that everyone can have some pictures. I don't understand if she and you like one another, why this is a difficult situation.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:59 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• So copy them from her facebook page. Lesson learned.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:36 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Then I suggest you right click and save, and print your own copies.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Download them and get prints made. Easy.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2013