What does it mean when you are no longer being heard from your DH?

i tell him stuff and its not like he forgets but he has to either ask again or i'm sitting here saying "that's what I said!" he's like "you didn't say that".

I have a feeling it might mean he no longer has any interest in what I have to say

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Sep. 25, 2013 in Relationships

• We do this all the time.. I never looked at it being wrong. I looked at it like being around the same person for so long, sometimes you will just drown their voice out.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:47 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• It could also mean he was doing something else while you were talking
    or
    He has a hearing problem

Why go to worse case scenario first?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:31 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• So, he's demanding answers but has no interest in what you say? You do realize that this is contradictory, right? Why would he demand answers from you if he has no interest in your words?

And how do you know "for sure" that he has no hearing problems? Unless he's just recently had a hearing exam and you were there to hear the doctor say he has no hearing problems, you don't know that for sure.

Instead of assuming the worst, why not ask him if he can explain why he doesn't remember the things you say to him?
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:56 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Or maybe it's something far more serious like a health problem that is causing him to have memory issues. Maybe he has a lot going on and he can't keep track of everything that's said to him. Either way, I think you two need to have a serious conversation about this.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:02 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Maybe you talk too much and he's used to tuning you out.
    Don't speak for a few days and maybe he'll figure out something is wrong.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:43 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• no hearing problems for sure. when he demands answers to something important, I don't think he'd be fiddling with other things but I guess maybe he could have other things on his mind and in a split second forget what I said.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:40 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• he has eye and hearing test required at work. yes I realize its contradictory but what he does is what he does and I don't know how else to explain it. so anyway, I guess maybe this is the wrong question to ask.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• I don't know, I seem to be the one in my relationship that doesn't remember things. My boyfriend will mention something and I'll be completely blank, and he'll say, "Don't you remember? We talked about this last week." It's not that I have hearing problems, it's not that I don't listen. It's just that there's so much going on, sometimes I don't remember. Have you talked to your husband about this?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2013

• that it is over that is why i do not call my dh
    madcat500

Answer by madcat500 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Don't worry. My DH doesn't listen to me most of the time either.

Answer by louise2 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2013