Here we go! Holidays are coming and some Christians are stating their...opinions. This one, about Halloween

Should Christians celebrate Halloween?

http://www.charismamag.com/site-archives/610-spiritled-woman/spiritled-woman/7156-the-danger-of-celebrating-halloween

Halloween—October 31—is considered a holiday in the United States. In fact, it rivals Christmas with regard to how widely celebrated it is. Stores that sell only Halloween-related paraphernalia open up a few months before the day and close shortly after it ends. But is Halloween a holiday that Christians should be observing?

The word "holiday" means "holy day." But there is nothing holy about Halloween. The root word of Halloween is "hallow," which means "holy, consecrated and set apart for service." If this holiday is hallowed, whose service is it set apart for? The answer to that question is very easy-Lucifer's!

Lucifer is a part of the demonic godhead. Remember, everything God has, the devil has a counterfeit. Halloween is a counterfeit holy day that is dedicated to celebrating the demonic trinity of: the Luciferian Spirit (the false father); the Antichrist Spirit (the false holy spirit); and the Spirit of Belial (the false son).

The key word in discussing Halloween is "dedicated." It is dedicated to darkness and is an accursed season. During Halloween, time-released curses are always loosed. A time-released curse is a period that has been set aside to release demonic activity and to ensnare souls in great measure.

You may ask, "Doesn't God have more power than the devil?" Yes, but He has given that power to us. If we do not walk in it, we will become the devil's prey. Witchcraft works through dirty hearts and wrong spirits.

During this period demons are assigned against those who participate in the rituals and festivities. These demons are automatically drawn to the fetishes that open doors for them to come into the lives of human beings. For example, most of the candy sold during this season has been dedicated and prayed over by witches.

I do not buy candy during the Halloween season. Curses are sent through the tricks and treats of the innocent whether they get it by going door to door or by purchasing it from the local grocery store. The demons cannot tell the difference.

Even the colors of Halloween (orange, brown and dark red) are dedicated. These colors are connected to the fall equinox, which is around the 20th or 21st of September each year and is sometimes called "Mabon." During this season witches are celebrating the changing of the seasons from summer to fall. They give praise to the gods for the demonic harvest. They pray to the gods of the elements (air, fire, water and earth).

Mother earth is highly celebrated during the fall demonic harvest. Witches praise mother earth by bringing her fruits, nuts and herbs. Demons are loosed during these acts of worship. When nice church folk lay out their pumpkins on the church lawn, fill their baskets with nuts and herbs, and fire up their bonfires, the demons get busy. They have no respect for the church grounds. They respect only the sacrifice and do not care if it comes from believers or non-believers.

Gathering around bonfires is a common practice in pagan worship. As I remember, the bonfires that I attended during homecoming week when I was in high school were always in the fall. I am amazed at how we ignorantly participate in pagan, occult rituals.

*********

kind of amusing to go read all the comments this is getting too...

thoughts?

* YES there ARE people who believe  this way... this is not a joke

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 9:57 AM on Sep. 25, 2013 in Religious Debate

• Curses are sent through the tricks and treats of the innocent whether they get it by going door to door or by purchasing it from the local grocery store.

Who is placing the curses?
    Do they evaporate on 1 November?
    Does she not know how far in advance this candy is made for Halloween?

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:13 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• If you don't like Halloween then don't celebrate it. Simple as that. I can't STAND the yearly 'Halloween is Satanic and you'll go to Hell if you celebrate it!' bullshit. I also can't stand all the lies from crazy Christians floating around about where Halloween came from and what it stands for. No two stories ever seem the same- so IMO people just make the shit up in order to validate their reasons for thinking it evil.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:34 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• There's a British phrase I find quite appropriate for the yearly idiots who write this stuff - throwing their toys out of the pram.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:47 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Tis the season!

A ton of churches do fall festivals rather than Halloween, so most of this is not surprising.

I have never heard witches curse all the candy before. That's funny!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:12 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• But....but.....LUCIFER!

"Even the colors of Halloween (orange, brown and dark red) are dedicated. These colors are connected to the fall equinox, which is around the 20th or 21st of September each year and is sometimes called "Mabon." During this season witches are celebrating the changing of the seasons from summer to fall. They give praise to the gods for the demonic harvest."

Really? Demonic harvest?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:27 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• From the comments:

"CandyCorn • 7 days ago
    This reads like something from The Onion. No, that slanders The Onion. Off to pray over some candy now."

LOL!
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:28 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• lol i was debating with some devout bible thumpers on facebook yesterday, christians hold monopoly on christmas and easter. i guess pagans need to tell christians that they're not allowed to celebrate samhain.

i don't see why some people can't understand that there are many secular traditions rooted in all 3 of those holidays.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• I know, there are weirdos around here like that. I've been asked before by neighbors & parents of my DD's friends if it's okay to do Halloween stuff around them. Personally I love Halloween & so do my girls. I wish I still lived in the NE so, they could get the real deal Halloween experience.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• IDK but I was married in a RC Church on Halloween with a mass & it wasn't an issue. 21 years this Halloween!!....can I get a woot...woot!!! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• *sigh* why is it always "The Christians", not "Some Christians"
    There are those of us who LOVE HALLOWEEN!!! We decorate more for Halloween than Christmas
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 12:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2013