Anyone else completely terrified of going to the doctor?

i'm a little anxious if i just have to go for a sinus infection or even a gyno check up... but for anything else i'm completely terrified. i know i need to go, i've needed to go for a long time. im just afraid i guess of what i'll find out. not to mention my pulse and blood pressure sky rocket when im at the doctor's. but i really need a good physical, and i need to talk about some symptoms ive been having for a long time now. but im sooo scared! i wish there was any easier way, like the doctor comes to you. id feel more comfortable having the doctor do the check up here in my own home lol

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:01 AM on Sep. 25, 2013 in Health

• I sit in the waiting room so long that by the time the doctor sees me I am usually more pissed than scared.

I get annoyed because I wont feel well, then my husband or friends will convince me I am about to die etc. and then I start to freak out, where before I figured it was no big deal. They had me thinking I had various cancers and brain tumors at one time. Then I get to the doctor, and it's NOTHING just like I thought!!! Ganglion cysts not cancer, Migraines not a brain tumor. I don't even think they were migraines whatever they were because it was only for a few months maybe once a month and haven't had them in over a year now.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:12 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• when it comes to the waiting room, the longer i wait the more anxious i become. sometimes if i wait too long i end up walking out, because with my anxiety, it's a now or never kind of thing lol! like a band aid that needs to be pulled off... just do it and get it over with. but if they make me wait, i keep thinking about it, and i just can't.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Then Do Not EVER go to a Military hospital!! You will wait for an hour to see the Doctor for no shit, 5minutes. You sit in the main waiting room for 15-20 minutes, then they take you back and weigh you and make you sit in ANOTHER waiting room for at least 15 minutes, then they take you back to the room and you think there is a light at the end of the tunnel, nope. You sit in the room for another 10-20 minutes. Then they rush you so fast it's like, how are you not ahead of schedule if this is how you treat every one?
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:19 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• thats how pretty much all civilian doctors are in my state! even pediatricians offices too.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Yep. My blood pressure is always high. My biggest problem is when I go in for a legitimate complaint. I don't get taken seriously or they think they know exactly what the problem is within 5 minutes even if they have never seen me before. I'm a pretty smart person but they talk down me like an idiot.

And military doctors and hospitals are the worst.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:23 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

*******

that's pretty much every doctor I have gone to -on my own or for my kids too! Sometimes you wait even longer
    SO annoying...why even make a specific time for people to show up?!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:27 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• I get BAD anxiety attacks while in the waiting room... my blood pressure is always rocketing when they take it.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:43 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• that's pretty much every doctor I have gone to -on my own or for my kids too!
    ******************************

See I have never had that when going to a civilian doctor, I have only waited Maybe 15 minutes total for my visit.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:04 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Going to the doctor annoys me, but it doesn't really scare me. It might help for you to think about what you believe the worst thing that will happen is if you go. Once you pinpoint that, you can usually talk yourself down out of the trees. Is the worst thing finding out bad news? Well, *not* finding out trumps that, since anything that isn't discovered won't just go away because it is ignored.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:24 AM on Sep. 25, 2013

• I have anxiety, so it's like anything else I've not done in a while. I would make it a point to have your annual physical at least and go from there.
    I have a fear of the OBGYN now because for the past 3 years I haven't been since my youngest was born and obviously my 6 week check after that.
    Just don't check WebMD for your symptoms! lol
    CaliBlondeGirl

Answer by CaliBlondeGirl at 11:31 AM on Sep. 25, 2013