Different opinions

How many moms breast feed?? And how many moms give there baby's formula milk?? Why? Or do y'all do both?? Just curious to know diff opinions

aimem

Asked by aimem at 6:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How is that an opinion? I breastfed both my children. True statement.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2013

• I back when I had babies. Formula feed. Why? Because I didn't want a baby stuck to my tit. Didn't know about pumping.

Answer by louise2 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Both, one was bf, the other bottle , it is up to you and what you deem best.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2013

• My 3 were all breast fed. Formula never entered my realm of thinking.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Breast fed all four. Only the last one was exclusive. The other kids got formula when I worked so it was like 95% breastfed on the first three.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2013

• I nursed and supplemented with formula because no matter what I tried, I couldn't produce enough breastmilk. There are many benefit to nursing, but there have also been millions and millions of healthy babies raised on formula..
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2013

• I did both. I gave a bottle when at work and when more convenient. When at home and at night I nursed.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Mine were breast fed. The did have some formula but I had an abundant supply and they did not need much.
    This was back in the dark ages. My DD just had a baby and the pediatrician said that using both is now considered better. Breast milk provides immunities but formula may help with some resistance to allergies due to exposure while still breastfeeding.
    This may just be theory but I am under the impression that there was some symposium here this last year and that was one of the main topics.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:06 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• The decision to breastfeed or formula feed should not be made based on a public opinion poll. That's like making a decision whether or not to eat right and exercise based on a survey. The research supports eating right. It also supports breastfeeding.

Pick up a copy of "So That's What They're For" by Janet Tamaro. Great basic book that gives you the highs and lows and you can make an informed decision from there. (And yes, I happen to be the moderator of a breastfeeding group so you know where I come in on your question.)

Answer by gdiamante at 9:28 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• I have 4 sons and I nursed all of them. Im still currently nursing my newest little man Finley who is just under 2 months old. Its better for the babies, now not to say that moms who don't nurse are not doing what is best for their children. But I do believe that its the reason my boys don't get as sick and all my boys are developmentally for their age.I personally believe that its better for their brain development. That's just my opinion and I DONT want to offend any one with it.
    Pay920

Answer by Pay920 at 2:33 AM on Sep. 30, 2013