Okay hair people...removing dye question.

So, I complained about the stylist turning my hair black. It is hardly fading and it's been five weeks. In fact, my hair is growing so now I have about half an inch of LIGHTER hair coming in. So I called the salon who says they used a "demi" on my hair. No clue what this means. She seems to think it should fade but also offered to have me come in and fade it with some process they use (I'm sure it's bleach)...which is not what I want to do. I went IN today to have one stylist look at it and she said to buy Suave clarifying shampoo and keep washing it. So, question is: Should I go with Suave or try the dish soap method before the bleach? Suggestions? Thank you!

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 7:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• It's been a little while hasn't it? If you would have done that in the first day or so I think the results would be better. I've never heard of trying anything after it's been on this long, I don't know what else would work!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Black doesn't fade. Suave and dish soap would do nothing. Try asking a beauty supply store employee or local cosmetology student. :/
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2013

• First, don't go to the same people who messed up your hair. Wail a couple more week to do something.

Answer by louise2 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Go to the place you had it done, they should use an enzyme remover to lighten it, you can request they do so. It would have been easier if you had went back the next day. Places don't ruin your hair, people do. Request the owner or manager to correct it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Yeah, it has been too long since it was colored. I thought it would fade. They told me it would rinse out, which was specifically what I asked for. It's not a permanent dye. Okay, I won't mess with it. I'm seeing my regular stylist next week for a cut. She was out of town when I had this hair done by another salon in time for a party. Such a lesson in patience! Aaaaah. Thx you guys.
    jeanclaudia

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Sep. 26, 2013