Have you ever ordered a compressed mattress?

Not an air mattress an actual coil mattress rolled and compressed for shipping.

I needed one in a pinch and have no truck and a low budget so I reluctantly ordered one off amazon. It is for the baby I couldn't trust a used mattress and still don't have a truck.

So I am hoping for the best. Anyone ever bought one? Do new mattresses need time to let off production gases? It says no VOCs but who knows what else is in the manufacturing process. It is made in USA

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 7:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2013 in Shopping

• I have, I just opened it outside and laid it on the floor, didn't think about voc.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Ps- mine was a Hawn, google the brand and see what it says about VOC's, my kid is still alive so idk, lol!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:28 PM on Sep. 25, 2013

• Just watched a youtube video of a mattress being compressed and that was amazing.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2013

• A memory foam mattress yes. Coiled no. It was fun watching the air go into it again and bring it back to life.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2013