I dont know what to do!!!! Insight pease

I am about to be laid off in November. I have an oppurtunity to go work a gig out of town and it runs thursday through sunday for the first 3 weeks in October. I will make over $600 for 4 days. So it's good money
Now I work 40 hours a week here at my job(M-Fr) but I only bring home less than $400 a week.
I want to request off for the three days (w-f) for the first 3 weeks in October,
So I would work M-T here at my regular job then go out of town Wed-Sun to work the gig
The only thing is my manger is giving me a hard time. I don't see the big deal because all of us will be without a job by November 15th. Ihave a young child and I just want to make as money as I can before I am unemployed
I can choose to just go and call out( they will probably fire me) or I can just stay and work just one of the weeks. I am going to speak with my manager tomorrow. What should I say?
I was honest with my direct supervisor and she said she needed to talk with the manager and he said "they need me here'. I am going to speak with him myself because he need to hear it from my mouth and not from my other supervisor (she may have told him incorrectly)
What should I do? I need all the money I can get

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Sep. 25, 2013 in Money & Work

• Since you are just a temp I would stay at the job and finish it till the last day. Than you can apply and collect unemployment. If they say they need you for the 3 weeks you request off and you insist that you have it off, they may just let you go than maybe you will not be able to get unemployment.

if you are a temp thru an agency, contact them to see if they have anything parttime or that will start before or around the time the lay off will be.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2013

• You asked this question before. There were answers; I wonder what happened to them?

If you're going to make more money on the gig then quit and just do that. I don't think the managers will go for your serving two masters.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2013